Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bra-ing all

I went bra shopping today.....why do I feel the need to write about it? Many reasons....

First of, the reason why I had to go bra shopping. Why is it that when we lose weight, the fat from where it matters most will go first? So for ladies, we will be left with a smaller torso and a humongous bottom? That's my suffering. I know that the thunder thighs, jelly belly, buffoon butt and bye-bye arms (upper arm fats which shake when you wave bye bye) will not go away without exercise.....but that's so unfair! It's a bit like work. The people who are the better performers get more work.

The next thing that came to mind was the unending variety of maximizers available. Almost every bra available was padded. And only the bras which come with half-cups (meaning you can wear them without the straps) come with removable pads. Is this a sign of advancing technology or increasing insecurity? Ok, so a padded bra makes for a better sight when you wear a lower cut top. But isn't that unethical marketing?

I mean, when you remove the bra, you will probably end up with half the goods.....to be honest, it was quite funny. I asked the sales lady why was it that this same model that I bought before (in cup C) came without pads but the cup B one which I saw today came with pads. Her answer was honestly hilarious. She said, only cup C and above do not come with pads for this model. Does it mean that the manufacturer feels that all smaller endowed ladies have a need for a bigger look? So what if I'm a cup B now? It doesn't mean I must look like the cup C I was before.

I wonder what the guys feel about all these padded bras. Maybe it might look good one the ladies who are for viewing only but when it comes to someone who is more than just for looking, it might be a different story altogether.

I also wonder whether the are padded briefs for sale nowadays. There might be, just I am too backward to know. If there are, I wonder what the ladies would feel. Maybe the padded briefs would look good on Chippendale guys. But on husbands or boyfriends? I haven't given it a serious thought....but if I do, I'll let you know how I honestly feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment