Sunday, August 28, 2011

The stakes are up!

I just came back from a gathering with my JC mates....it was fantastic. And I'm not saying this to angkat them!

I said the stakes are up because I went "public" with my blog tonight. Gabriel said he actually reads my blog to see what mischief I am up to. I was both pleased and sad with that. Happy because my good friend cares about me enough to read my blog, and he's increasing my hits. Sad because it shows how bad I am at maintaining real face time with my friends. I'm just too lazy.

The presidential elections is turning out to be a close fight between Dr Tony Tan and Dr Tan Cheng Bock. Whoever wins between them, I'm glad it's down to two of them. We're all waiting for the results. The analyst on TV is now analyzing the stands of the candidates and how some of them changed their stance, or approach towards the end......

We had a very healthy discussion about politics, raising kids, online gaming and health during our gathering. I missed my friends. It's not often that you can say something and not need to explain it. The chemistry between us has not changed. I think it was probably because we knew each other during the time when we had formed our character. It's been 20 years but most of us are still who we were except being a bit more prosperous physically. It's great to find that none of us have become jaded. Just wiser and more interesting.

I'll be away from home for the next 2 weeks. Hoping to post some entries next week but that might be being too optimistic. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment