Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nice food places in Manila

I was waiting for my flight to Shanghai on 30 July and decided to try to post an entry on my trip to Manila the week before. But things got side tracked for a couple of weeks. I finally got myself round to the front of the pc to make a post.

I wanted to share about this restaurant that serves good Italian food in Alabang. It's Mona Lisa Ristorante. You can find them on Facebook. Their address is:
The Commerce Center
2nd Floor Commerce Ave
Alabang
Muntinlupa
Tel: +6325560708

The food is very delicious, servings are hearty and the atmosphere is unpretentious. Translation: yummy, huge portions and relaxed.

Here are a few pictures although one of the pictures make the food look very unpalatable.


Tiramisu

The Tiramisu is not really to die for but it is yummy enough.


Poached pears

I ordered the poached pears just because I never had poached pears before and they turned out fine. Only fine. I guess I still love my chocolate.

Cheesecake





The cheesecake was not too bad.....








Minestrone soup
The minestrone soup is more delicious than it looks. It looks all pale and tasteless but it actually has quite a punch.



My favourite is a salad with pomelo and shrimp. Each time I visit, I order the same salad and it never disappoints even though it looks slightly different.

Salad on visit 1

Salad on visit 2

Another place that is worth a trip is Alba Restaurante Español which serves Spanish food. Check out the website and some of the photos here.

The food is authentic, to me anyway. The atmosphere is much more romantic and there is a trio who goes around the restaurant belting out songs with pizzaz. Just be sure to give them a nice tip and you get a second song!! It is nice to have dinner in a candle lit restaurant with some gentlemen crooning love songs. Although it doesn't help if you are there to gossip with a colleague!

Serenaders at Alba
 The paella is a must try but you need to pre-order because it is a 30 minute wait. I cannot remember which one I tried but it was good.
Paella

They have a wide selection of tapas but my favourite is the mahi mahi, fish. It is fish soaked in vinegar and wrapped around some stuffing.

But ooh...the desserts!!! It's the chocolate.

There's also a good Italian chain Italianni's Restaurant which is also good. The Sicilian Chicken Salad they serve is fantastic. I think it's even nicer than the pomelo and shrimp salad at Mona Lisa's but the downside is that the fruits used seem to be from a can.

That's what I have for nice food places in Alabang, Muntinlupa, Philippines. These are highly recommended and anyone whom I brought there have nothing but praises for these places. Either the places are genuinely good or the people are just too polite. Judging from the lack of leftovers, despite the gigantic portions, I am guessing it's the former.

Bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment