Monday, December 2, 2013

Values....a school's part

In an earlier post, I had some thoughts about values and the part teachers today play in imparting such values to our future generation.

I went to Endeavour to pick up Xavier after his badminton training and saw some interesting things which I want to share. These are what the students of the school see everyday as they arrive at school and during morning assembly.

One single banner shouts "No one owes Singapore a living". This is a very direct and true to heart. I wonder if it is a message to the younger generation who seem to lack grit to face adversity. This is less of their own undoing than the result of over-protective parents.
 
No one owes Singapore a living

Various banners

The other 4 banners say:
1) Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
2) We must preserve racial and religious harmony.
3) We have confidence in our future.
4) We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility.


 
School values

 
 
 
 
4 mosaic pictures that say Integrity, Compassion, Diligence, Perseverance and Innovation stand guard at the entrance to the school building.
 
I am happy to say that my children attend Endeavour Primary School which has the right environment to drive the right moral values to my children. I am sure that there are many other schools like that. However, I cannot stress more than enough the importance of teachers. An environment is like a shell. The children need the proper guidance from the teachers to form the right character to ensure our future does not end at their generation.
 
Kudos to all teachers who make sacrifices to educate our future!!




No comments:

Post a Comment