Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tremors in Japan

There was an earthquake off the east coast of Japan yesterday. Actually there were several quakes, the strongest of which was magnitude of 7.2.

I was in the office and felt the building moving for what seemed like near eternity. But it was only a few seconds, one minute at most. It made me feel giddy though. I was pretty surprised and was asking an American colleague whether we had to evacuate the building. Funnily, only the foreigners stood up and looked around to see what we should do next. The locals just continued working without batting an eyelid. Earthquakes are that common in Tokyo.

I was quite touched when my hubby called to find out how I was. Some of my colleagues also asked about me. It's good to feel cared for.

I also feel lucky that I'm a Singaporean. The only quake I felt was a few years ago when we felt the after shocks from an earthquake in Indonesia. This is something that I will not take for granted again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment