Tuesday, April 26, 2011

May is coming

The month of May is always a busy one for us. All three boys are born in the month of May by pure coincidence.

Xavier is very excited because he has requested for a Lego set for his birthday. The Scorpion Pyramid from the Pharaoh's Quest collection. I placed an order online and arranged for the set to be sent to my friend's house in the US because Lego in US does not deliver to Singapore. I tried to use VPost but was informed by Lego that the VPost address was blocked due to fraud. I was pretty perplexed by the situation at first. Here I was, willing to pay up front with my credit card, but unable to place an order. Finally Jerry came to the rescue...actually I forced him to.

Then the order was messed up. I ordered a few sets which Lego put into 2 separate packages for delivery. True to Murphy's law, the box with the Scorpion Pyramid has not shown up yet. Xavier's birthday is on 4 May. I may end up spending a lot of money just to ship the Lego by Express USPS service. There goes the savings from ordering online.

Keane and Ryan are going to have birthday celebrations in school. I'll be spending the next weekend buying things to put into bags for the kids. The kids in school look forward to receiving a goodies bag during each friend's celebration. It has somehow got to a point of being competitive.....I have not decided what presents to buy for Keane and Ryan yet.....ideas?

I recently had domestic helper woes again....will update in another post. That will take a long time and I'm tired after a long day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment