Friday, November 6, 2009

Away from home......

I know I've been lazy, and haven't been updating my blog as often as I wished I did. I admit my laziness without shame.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind rush. I was in Shanghai for the week of Oct 19. Then I cam home for the weekend before departing for 10 days in Manila.
I came back last night and I'm flying out to Shanghai again for another week.

Some people may call it jet setting. Others think it's a pure torture. Well, I'd like to think of it as an adventure and escape.

Personally, I like to travel and despite the complains I hear people make when they have to travel, I secretly think that they relish the travel but they want to make it seem like a sacrifice when they have to travel for work. Hence the whining about the travel.

I like to travel because I can see the world. Something which I love. I enjoy freedom and the ability to move about on my own. The downside is I miss my kids. The upside is I miss my kids. Why do I say that? Well, I miss having them around but then again I don't miss having them around to create a ruckus. Am I trying to shirk responsibilities as a mom? Yeah.....kidding.

I packed my bags at 6 today and rushed home to be with my kids whom I've not seen in 10 days. All of us went to the shopping mall near our home for a meal. Well, dinner for the hubby and myself. Dessert for the kids. Oh the joy they expressed when they saw me walk into the day this evening totally swept me away. And filled me with guilt. How can I want to be away from these 3 adorable monsters? That's a question I cannot really put my finger to. I mean, I love them, don't think otherwise. They are the love of my life. But I don't want to be with them 24 hours. I wouldn't be able to take it. Am I a bad mom?

I dislike travelling with colleagues. That puts the trip into a whole new ballgame which comes with a truckload of obligations. I mean, if you are in a group, you'd feel obliged to have breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Maybe go out together. To me, that's pretty painful. I admit that I'm a travel anti-social. Actually I am pretty much a selective anti-social. I like to wake up at my own time, eat breakfast on my own, read a book while I eat, then move at my own pace. Sometimes I feel dragged down by others. Having to wait for everyone to turn up for breakfast, to finish eating the last morsel of cereal or drinking that last drop of coffee. Yes, everyone will say, don't worry, you don't have to wait for us. But somehow, you know it is easier said then done. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

This week I'll be travelling with someone I didn't really want to travel with. My boss. I'm going to try to go on my own for once. He thinks he's taking care of me when we have meals and all together, but really, I wish I was alone. I just want to do my own thing, you know. I'm not someone who must have company all the time. I prefer to be free by myself. Am I weird?

I watched the movie Julie & Julia or vice versa on the plane. This girl was so determined to blog her way through a book of more than 500 recipes in a year and she succeeded. And she put me to shame. She took her blogging as a serious project and she made it as an official writer as a result. Will that ever happen to me? I wish. Are you out there reading this? Are you a publisher? Do you think I'm good enough?

Keane is making huge progress in his speech. Maybe it's because I haven't really seen him in 2 weeks. He can instruct me to "Go bathe" when he saw me near the bathroom. He could also say short phrases like "Watch Out!" and "Oh wow!". To me, that's great. The most fantastic achievement I saw him make was to say "coffeeshop" accurately today. Music to my hears.

Ryan's begnning to show signs of readiness for toilet training. He can make mm-mm noises when he needs to poop. He will then sit on the trainer toilet seat and do his stuff. He's cool. The other day, when I was away, he attempted to make his way out of the play pen by climbing over the edge. He fell and never did it again. That involved some crying and stuff but he recovered very fast.

Xavier is showing signs of having good perspective. He can draw cars with the wheels in the right place and in the correct size relative to the body of the car. Is that also perspective? Not too sure....but you get what I mean. I think that's excellent.

Nov 28 is the year end school graduation ceremony cum celebration for Xavier and Keane. They are performing during the concert. It's Keane's first public performance and I'm looking forward to it. He missed his chance last year because the teachers were worried that he'd do his own thing and not follow the group. He had a habit of making off on his own to explore. The teachers wouldn't have the ability to hold him back. Bit like his old mom, don't you think?

Well I have to go back to work now.....it's been a hell of a day but it ain't over till the fat lady sings and this fat lady ain't singing none yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment