Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home is where I go

Returned home from Shanghai this morning.....

Spent the day or rather the afternoon with the kids. I crashed when I reached home. Thought I could last the whole day but boy was I wrong, so very wrong.

Woke up in time to go out for lunch - Xavier's favourite japanese food. The whole family loves japanese food. After a pretty enjoyable lunch, we went shopping for toys. The boys have a habit of browsing for a very long time bfore deciding on their buy. I think it's because they want everything and are unwilling to give up any. The process of elimination can be pretty interesting. Xavier started with Lego but ended up with a styracasaurus from the Dinosaur King collection.

Keane ended up with a bus. Ryan wanted Leo from Little Einsteins but it was deftly removed from his grasp.

On the way home Keane started saying "Anybulan" several times. It took several failed attempts before we realized he was pointing to an ambulance. The police car was a "Pussy Car" and traffic lights were "Trassic Lights". But he still managed to do coffeeshop perfectly. It was great to see him increase his vocabulary.

I crashed again after we came home in the afternoon. I wonder whether it was because I was tired or I was missing my caffeine fix.

My next trip to Shanghai may be in December, depending on my boss and how the project pans out over the next few weeks. I look forward to going back to this authentic japanese restaurant near the Holiday Inn Pudong Shanghai on Dong Fang Road. Reasonably priced and good. Pasta Fresca at the Thumb Plaza was also a good place. It would be very cold if I went back in December. Would need to be prepared.

No matter where I go, I will always return home....

No comments:

Post a Comment