Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Mee Pok Man

I just had an enjoyable lunch of fishball Mee Pok with Gabriel and Adeline. Before I go into other details, I need to state that I was chided for being an inconsistent blogger during lunch.

We met up to enjoy my father-in-law's fishball noodles. My father-in-law sells fishball noodles at Beo Crescent. His stall is quite famous and has many followers. One of Gabriel's friend, who is one such loyalist, was the catalyst for our lunch. He craved the noodles but never fail to go to the stall during their rest day. We don't understand why he cannot follow instructions. The conclusion was that his craving was so strong that it drove away all logic and sensibilities from his mind.

Yes, the fishball noodles are that good. It is all about the chilli and ba-yu pok. What is ba-yu pok? It's fried lard! It adds the fragrance to the noodles. Nan Yuan (南园) @ Blk 38, Beo Crescent, #01-68. It's a must try. The unfortunate thing is no one wants to inherit the business. Even my in-laws do not encourage their children because it's a hard life.

More about this later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment