Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gathering of friends

I had some friends come over for lunch today. It was a fun gathering with catching up and some inane exchange of opinions.

There were 8 adults and 5 children. The conversation did not revolve any specific topic. We talked about children, colleagues, friends and television programmes. We also had a review of Xavier's Lego sets. Gabriel and Adeline have 2 children and know exactly what I go through even though their children are very well behaved. Jean and Kee Hoe are relatively newly-weds and do not have any children yet.  I hope they look forward to having their own children after some of the stories we shared about the children. Edmund and Grace are single and I hope they don't get scared off by the horror stories. Of course, being considerate adults, we did not dominate the conversation with endless children stories. It was nice to have a bit of catch up about some people we mutually know and share funny stories about others.


We had some sushi from Ichiban Sushi. It was fresh and nicely packed. The highlight of the meal was the durians. Yumm....although Gabriel and his son James are not durian friendly. Fortunate hubby said to get other finger food like chicken nuggets, calamari rings and french fries. The kids had most of the finger food and very little of the sushi. In fact James and Sarah did not have sushi. I wonder if my kids were just fussy or too spoiled.

Gabriel enjoys Lego as well and was bugging me to buy a set for him when I get the next one for Xavier. He should have been nicer to me......no more twin peaks stories!!!!

We realize that the X-wing fighter which Xavier fixed had some error. I'll fix that tomorrow.

I'm going to stop for now and join the family for some pre-bedtime fun.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment