Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I WANT TO BLOG!!!!!

A friend told me that is good to start with an attention grabber.....I didn't think it wise to put something rude on the title so I just tried to shout my thought....

This is my first blog entry.....frankly, I don't know why I decided to start a blog. I always thought that it's kinda strange to write your personal thoughts online and let strangers read them. I guess I'm going through a mid-life crisis.....what the heck.

Blogging is the trend now.....but I'm nothing close to being trendy. I am probably one of those slackers who is starting at a time when blogging is losing its popularity....is it?

Do I think I will have the patience to carry on blogging in the long term? Doubt it. But hey, we all live once so why not give everything, well almost, a shot, eh? Here's my shot in capturing my voice....or my thoughts if you want to be literal about it.

I guess it is only fair to the readers, if I have any, to introduce myself.....NAH....not yet anyway.

So why am I blogging?....I guess I always felt that I have this knack for putting my thoughts into words. I used to be flowery in my words but then business writing took over and then it's being PC, shooting arrows tactically, block arrows, emerging from shit smelling like roses and all that.....so I think I've lost half my skills.....So here I am trying to improve my literary skills. I think it's my chance to leave my legacy somewhere in the world.....when I was a kid, I used to think of life as a canvas board and everyone leaves their mark when they pass through life. And boy did I want to make sure my mark will be colorful. Have I succeeded? I sure had an outrageous life so far (it's too dangerous to reveal too many deep dark secrets here) but I'm far from leaving my colorful mark. So I guess this blog may help a little.....

I'm going to share some of my principles in life as a start (of course some are inspired by people I know, used to know and may never know):
1) Always wear nice underwear - you'll never know when you need to end up in hospital and have strangers start handling you...wouldn't want anyone seeing you in auntie-undies or granny pants....
2) Try not to step on anybody's toes cos they may be connected to the bottoms you'd have to kiss in future.
3) Don't think that you are better than your boss. If you are, you will be his boss.
4) What goes round comes around, so don't throw sh*t at others unless you know they are covered in superglue. Heck, even superglue cannot hold sh*t....any ideas? Just don't dish out sh*t.
5) Never use words which you won't literally put into your mouth, e.g. sh*t, cr*p, etc.....but no one will stop you if you want to be a rebel without a cause.
6) Never never be the cog that jams the mechanism of the clock tower.
7) If you have kids and the kids grow up to be bad, remember it's the parents' fault for being poor teachers. If the kids grow up to be good, it's their credit for being good students.
8) No matter how hard you try, you can always do better.......tomorrow.
9) Tomorrow may never come.
10) Don't try to be funny if you don't have a funny bone. If no one laughs, you don't have it.

That's today's attempt at humour. Till tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment