Saturday, February 19, 2011

10 things I like about Japan

I've been spending much time in Japan for work. There are many things which I find amazing and love in Japan.

1) Instant noodles.....the instant noodles are great. I like the design of the bowl for dry instant noodles. You can drain the hot water out of the bowl without losing a single strand of noodle! Fantastic.

2) Magnetic workstation panels.....Almost everything in our office, including walls, are magnetic. No need to use pins. And you can stick paper practically anywhere. Very cool.

3) Chocolates - I love Royce and Meiji....

4) Smallest power adaptor I've ever seen. It is tiny and can be used anywhere in the world. And costs only about JPY1,400.

5) Plum wine or brandy.....sake....excellent if you go to the right places.

6) Fast food....the turn around time at a fast food restaurant is about 20 minutes, 30 minutes flat.

7) Vending machines!!!!! They are everywhere. Even in small eateries. You buy a coupon, give the coupon to the person manning the counter. Get your food in 5 to 10 minutes. Eat your meal and leave. So efficient.

8) Toilet seat covers are from another world altogether. The toilet seat cover comes with a warmer, bidet, washer, flushing sound gadget and deodorizer. Yes, the seat is warm when you sit on it. Yes, water sprays as required.....and the flushing sound is supposed to hide any sounds which you make and not want others to hear. The deodorizer....need I say more?

9) Stationery.....all kinds of stationery. I like the pens which can contain multiple color refills. There was even one which contained a pencil and 2 pens in different colors. The writing paper is so lovely that you are almost afraid to write on it. There are also money envelopes for wedding gifts that are beautifully designed.

10) Snacks.....everything tastes great!

There are actually more things that I like about Japan but I will share them later.

I'm amazed at the number of hits on my blog....132 when I checked tonight. I didn't expect that people will read my blog. Maybe they came here by error.....LOL. Whatever the case, this is giving me motivation to continue. Of course, the amount of idle time I have when I am in Japan helps.......later.

No comments:

Post a Comment