Thursday, February 10, 2011

Someone's actually reading my blog.....cool

My page counter jumped a teeny weeny bit. Must be cos Jerry hit it a few times....LOL. I definitely wasn't the one who hit myself.....

Thanks to whoever is reading this blog.

I'm going to try to put some of Xavier's powerpoint drawings to show them off. I think it's quite creative for a 6 year old......he learnt how to use powerpoint to draw simple pictures in school. The latest was that he was the only one in class who figured out how to make the background color before the teacher covered that in class. Show off....but I'm secretly proud of him......

Cannot upload now cos my netbook doesn't have powerpoint. And open office doesn't seem to allow me to save the file as a jpg or bmp or gif file....let me keep trying. Or use my other pc...

Anyway, here's something trivia about the kids....
Xavier:
He was able to name one of his powerpoint pictures "turquoise_hourse"....i was wondering how he could spell turquoise but not horse.....then I found out that he mouse over the color palette in powerpoint while he was coloring the horse, copied the word on a piece of paper then saved the file...figures how he can manage to spell a complicated word and mis-spell a simple one....and I thought he was very good at spelling.

Keane:
He has improved his spoken language tremendously over the last year. No longer the all brawn no brain fella...phew! He is totally not shy...during music class, we had a little contest to see who can identify the notes which the teacher pointed out on the board....he got all of them wrong and when the teacher asked the kids how many points they had, he shouted "Miss Linda! I got ZERO!!!!"

Ryan:
He has to be bribed and motivated to do almost everything. He is also very aware of his "performance" when compared to his brothers. So whenever we chide any of the other kids for being naughty and threaten to go out without them, he would say, "Xavier stay at home? I can go?". Another time he had this thing about not bidding his teachers farewell and we gave him a hard time for it. At the end, he was bribed by watermelon...."I said bye bye to teacher already....I can eat watermelon?"

To be honest, I'm secretly beaming with pride when I relate these stories but of course I have to remain the humble mom and say "Aiyah, they are very naughty lah!"...in true Singaporean fashion.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment